Technology and Security Enhancement Millage
On February 25, 2014, voters in Muskegon County approved a one-mill property tax increase to improve technology and security within Muskegon County’s neighborhood public schools. The Technology & Security Enhancement Millage is the first of its kind in Muskegon County, and while funds flow through the MAISD, school leaders and elected school boards of education have complete control and oversight of their expenditures.
- Over the next ten years, this funding will pay for:
- New and upgraded personal learning devices
- Security upgrades, including added cameras and single, secure points of entry
- Expanded training and support for teachers
- Improved technical support
- Maintaining infrastructure to accommodate multiple learning devices
- Sustaining and maintaining current technology
North Muskegon Schools is very fortunate to be able to benefit from this funding source, and we will assure you that we will be good stewards of this revenue and invest it wisely, as we improve the security of our schools and provide relevant learning experiences that prepare children for life filled with technological innovation.
Please download and review the Technology and Security 4 Students Accountability Report for each school year below, as it provides a summary of expenditures in all public schools in Muskegon County. Thank you for your support of North Muskegon Public Schools!
2014-2015 Accountability Report
2015-2016 Accountability Report
2016-2017 Accountability Report
2017-2018 Accountability Report
2018-2019 Accountability Report
2019-2020 Accountability Report