2020-21 School Year COVID-19 Updates
This page will house all pertinent information regarding COVID-19 Updates for the 2020-21 school year. Information will be continually evolving, so please refer back to this page for current updates.
COVID-19 Dashboard - Confirmed & Probable Cases
To protect the health of our School Community and per the Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Reporting of Confirmed and Probable Cases of COVID-19 at Schools, North Muskegon Public Schools will use this webpage to provide Public Notice to our School Community regarding School Associated Cases of COVID-19. Within 24 hours of being notified of a School Associated Case by the Muskegon County Health Department, this dashboard will be updated to include new and cumulative COVID-19 case counts. Individuals identified as Close Contacts of School Associated Cases will be notified separately and directly by the Muskegon County Health Department.
SCHOOL ASSOCIATED COVID-19 CASES
The Muskegon County Health Department provided notice of new School Associated Case(s) amongst the North Muskegon Public Schools District. This data may include probable and confirmed cases as reported by the Muskegon County Health Department among students, staff, administration, coaches, or visitors, if the person with COVID-19 was in the building or participating in a school-sponsored function during their infectious period.
In the table below, cases refer to both "Confirmed" and "Probable" school-associated cases of COVID-19. A "Confirmed" case resulted from a positive COVID-19 laboratory test. A "Probable" case is someone exposed to COVID-19 and exhibiting symptoms.
Updated for the Week of: November 9, 2020
Number of New Cases*
Cumulative Number of Cases
Cumulative Number of Students who have been in Quarantine
|Cumulative Number of Staff who have been in Quarantine|
*The number of new cases will be reset every Friday and only cases reported during the following week will be considered "New" cases. The number of cumulative cases will still be reflected in the "Number Cumulative Cases" column.
As a precaution, we will be disinfecting applicable areas of the school. This may include spraying classrooms, hallways, locker rooms, and common areas, as needed, with a sanitizer, along with other methods of disinfection.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol).
- Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow & wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
- Answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Those members of the School Community who were or are suspected to have been in Close Contact with a School Associated Case will be notified by the Muskegon County Health Department and/or North Muskegon Public Schools.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
If you have any questions, contact the Muskegon County Health Department at (231) 724-6246. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.
Letters from the Superintendent
- 11/20/2020 - Norse Nation Update
- 11/11/2020 - Norse Nation Update
- 11/10/2020 - Norse Nation Update
- 11/3/2020 - Norse Nation Update
- 10/14/2020 - Norse Nation Update
- 10/5/2020 - Norse Nation Update
- 9/29/2020 - Norse Nation Update
- 8/28/2020 - Norse Nation Update - Welcome Back to School
- 7/31/2020 - Norse Nation Update
- 6/10/2020 - Norse Nation Update
- 6/5/2020 - Be Kind To All
- 5/29/2020 - May 29 NM Update
- 5/11/2020 - Thoughts on Lockdown May 11
- 5/8/2020 - NM Community Communication Spring 2020
- 4/24/2020 - Norse Update April 24
- 4/10/2020 - NM Food Distribution Program
- 4/6/2020 - Elementary Device Distribution
- 4/2/2020 - April 2, 2020 Update
- 3/31/2020 - Norse Update
- 3/27/2020 - End of Week Message
- 3/23/2020 - Update from Superintendent Babcock
- 3/19/2020 - Norse Communication
- 3/18/2020 - County Food Options For Muskegon County
- 3/13/2020 - Message from Our County School Leadership
- 3/12/2020 - Community Message COVID-19
- 3/12/2020 - Coronavirus Update
- 3/11/2020 - COVID-19 Update & Posters
Resources for Emotional Health