Superintendent of Schools
Middle School & High School
April 1, 2016
Dear Parents and Community Members:
We are pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER) which provides key information on the 2014-15 educational progress for all public schools in the State of Michigan. The AER addresses the complex reporting information required by federal and some requirements of state laws. Our staff is available to help you understand this information. Please contact Superintendent Babcock for help if you need assistance.
The North Muskegon Public Schools AER is available for you to review electronically by visiting the following web site http://nmps.net/ or you may review a copy in the main office at your child’s school.
These reports contain the following information:
Student Assessment Data – Elementary or middle school assessment results on the Michigan Student Test of Educational Progress (M-STEP), high school assessment results on the M-STEP component of the Michigan Merit Exam (MME), and assessment results for students with disabilities on Michigan’s Alternative Assessment Program (MI-Access).
· Presents achievement data for all four tested subjects (English language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies) compared to targets for all students as well as subgroups of students
· Helps parents understand achievement progress within schools and compare these to district and state achievement
Accountability Scorecard – Detail Data and Status
Due to the transition from MEAP tests to the M-STEP test, the accountability portion of the AER is limited to assessment participation and graduation/attendance rates. Full accountability reporting will resume with the 2015-16 AER.
Teacher Qualification Data
· Identifies teacher qualifications at district and school levels
· Reports percentage of core academic classes taught by teachers not considered highly qualified to teach such classes
NAEP Data (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
· Provides state results of the national assessment in mathematics and reading every other year in grades 4 and 8
We continue to be extremely proud of the educational performance of our students and thank our community for their support. NMPS will continue to strive to be the BEST Educational Community and will continue to expect the BEST from all of our members.